How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express. More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your benefit card subscription, including:
– taking payment of subscription fees
– keeping you informed about the benefits of being a cardholder
- Fulfilment of court bookings, signing up to sports activities, and ordering goods
- Communication about sporting activities we believe may be of interest to you
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of our facilities and participation in sports generally)
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve them
- Promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of sports leagues, tournaments and events) in which we believe may be of interest to you
- Safeguarding and protecting players and other users of our facilities
Where we have your consent, as applicable, we will use data for
- Statistical analysis of geo-demographic and behavioural data to support applications for funding facility development and maintenance, and for reports required by our landlords
- To tailor and offer personalised content and services to you
- Safeguarding and protecting our players and other users of the facilities
- Communicating with you by SMS, email, telephone call, post, and via digital channels, including our website and social media channels
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell your personal data. We do not share your personal data with other organisations for any use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees for the purposes of administering your access to our services, and giving you access to the benefits to which you are entitled
- Our contractors and suppliers for the administration of online and in venue bookings, payment services, customer communication platforms, national sports associations, data storage providers, providers of facilities management services, and procurement of funding for our facilities
- Independent and approved sports coaches with a current Park Sports coaching contract.
How long we keep your information
We keep your personal data only for as long as it is required for each purpose. For most customer data we retain transactional / financial information for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This provides you with a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and allows you to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no valid reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), including the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply or charge you a reasonable amount for providing the data to you.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect to the types of communications you want to receive from us. Please note that some communications, however, may be sent regardless of your marketing preferences for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a player at any of our venues. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or payment confirmations
- Mailings affecting your access to our services and facilities, and information about important dates or events (e.g., rained off session, changes to our T&Cs and other relevant policies, centre closures and changes to our opening hours)
- Card subscription related issues, such as notices of failed recurring payments
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details:
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link near the bottom of any of our emails
- Online by updating your account
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Park Sports Limited, Studio BM1S.05 10 Barley Mow Passage London W4 4PH
Contact and complaints
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable Data Protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: ico.org.uk.
Changes to this Policy
- We reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by posting notice of the update on our website and if required, obtaining your consent.
- Any updates to this Policy will become effective immediately after posting on our website and will apply to all information collected about you, or where required, with your consent.
- You should review this Policy periodically
- You are free to decide whether to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our services. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our services.
Last updated: January 2023