What is not permitted at events?
The grass pitch areas cannot be used for sports other than football, softball, rounders, tag rugby, volleyball or frisbee without prior agreement from the Park Sports Hyde Park venue Manager. Balls used for softball or rounders must be ‘soft’ balls and not hard.
As per The Royal Parks bylaws, players must NOT:
- Setup any infrastructure including portaloos and gazebos unless agreed in advance with Park Sports
- Fix items to trees, railings, fences or other structures in the Park
- Drive stakes into the ground
- Cook or barbecue any food - ONLY cold food is permitted
- Light any fires e.g. flaming torches
- Provide alcohol as part of the event*
- Leave items unattended in the parks
- Let the event interfere with any other park users or obstruct other park users
- Do bucket collections or similar, i.e. solicit donations from park visitors
- Release balloons
- Use pyrotechnics
- Play loud music
- Use or distribute glass bottles
- Disturb any wildlife
- Drive vehicles on or carry infrastructure for the event across, the Old Football Pitches – all vehicles should park in the designated Parking (P) and (D) bays on South Carriage Drive. (Max stay: 4 hours) Commercial Vehicles are NOT permitted in Hyde Park without prior consent of The Royal Parks
*Alcoholic drinks must be available free of charge (i.e., not for sale) and can only be consumed by your guests (who must be aged 18 years or over) in accordance with the City of Westminster licensing requirements. Alcohol must only be consumed in moderation. Please note that no glass is allowed on the pitches.
- Dogs are not permitted on the football pitches except for guide dogs
- Riding of bicycles and scooters is strictly prohibited on the grass areas / pitches